There are many small business SEO tips you’ll find on the web and you might wonder where the latest trends are trajecting. It is perfectly clear that search optimization is continuing to evolve; and, now semantic is more important than ever, because internet users are increasingly using voice search. You as a business owner should care about this since nearly all consumers are accessing content via mobile devices, smartphones being the most dominate. Along with responsive design, are five more critical small business SEO trends.
5 Critical Small Business SEO Trends
Today small business SEO services center and function around content marketing, creating original, informative content and sharing across social media. It’s effective because it is preferred over traditional interrupt marketing as consumers have more and more choice of which content they choose to engage. This is why television is being reinvented by subscription services, while cable companies steadily lose their customers.
You already know that having an online presence impacts the success of your business operation. One point that you may not be particularly clear on is the role that search engine optimization (SEO) plays in that process. Even though the major search engines are constantly updating the algorithms they use to prioritize searches, SEO is most definitely not dead. If anything, it is more important now than ever. —Business 2 Community.com
Savvy companies are using various small business SEO tools to maximize marketing budgets in-order to build an audience and increase sales. However, SEO techniques and best practices change regularly, as Google and other search engines tweak algorithms to deliver the most relevant results to users. The search giant favors holistic content, but, there are other factors. So, let’s take a look at the latest five critical small business SEO trends:
- On-page keywords continue to lose priority. Industry studies continue to demonstrate a steady decline the in the positive correlation between on-page keywords and organic rank results. This is due to the fact Google’s algorithms include Hummingbird and RankBrain, more sophisticated software. This means you should not create content around keywords, but rather, focus on what potential customers will find most valuable.
- Inbound and internal links remain important. Another decline in importance is showing-up in studies regarding the dwindling importance of inbound links. Though these remain necessary for search results quantification, should not be your most important goal. Internal linking continues to be a strong optimization element, linking content across your own site.
- All top level domain types are treated nearly equal. In the past, the best TLD or top level domains for SEO were .com URL’s. Now, there’s very little difference between the way .com, .org, .net, .biz, and others are treated by search engines. If you are going to build a website, don’t fret over the domain name or its TLD, just make it representative of your brand.
- An HTTPS protocol helps boost search optimization. The internet is built to exchange information and now, security is becoming a more prevalent issue. One trend Google is pushing puts security in the optimization mix, as HTTPS sites show a slight improvement in rankings over traditional, non-secure HTTP. This is a simple implementation, done by purchasing and activating an SSL certificate.
- Social media is essential, but not necessarily for SEO. One common myth is a strong social presence directly impacts a site’s search optimization. However, the link graph and social graph are not the same; but, there is no doubting its tertiary benefits. The more organic shares and activity you receive on social sites, the better.
Thanks for taking a few moments of your time to read this; if you like this post, then share it with your friends!
|To generate more business online, companies need to regularly publish new, useful content.
Blogging is the single most cost-effective way to attract new customers
as consumers search for information about products and services.
→ Get holistic, original content now! ←