Here’s how to do small business content marketing…
There’s no question about it, publishing original, quality content is imperative to organic ranking and building a brand. The internet is content and this fact isn’t lost on search engines. In fact, webmaster guidelines published by Google and Bing emphasize the importance of creating and publishing valued content as one of the single most influential search rank factors.
The reason for this, of course, is because it showcases a business’ strengths and demonstrates its expertise and experience. In today’s consumer environment, traditional, interrupt marketing just doesn’t work. Consumers seek information and get it from a variety of sources, such as social media and blogs (which are now the fifth-most trusted source of information).
How to Do Small Business Content Marketing
Content marketing is a powerful tool for any size business and the statistics bear it out. For instance, companies that regularly blog receive 67 percent more leads, generate 97 percent more inbound links, and earn a return thirteen times the amount invested. What’s more, blogs increase site visitors by 55 percent and boost page indexing by an astounding 434 percent.
To avoid getting skipped over or ignored, savvy digital marketers must craft messages that their target audience wants to see. When small businesses communicate with their customers by providing information instead of offering a sales pitch, the consumer will listen. The message and the brand is no longer an interruption, but a valued information provider. —Entrepreneur.com
The problem for most small businesses is that blogging takes a lot of time. You have to come-up with topics and titles, research and put information together, and not only write articles, but also, share content on social media. Another problem is knowing how to properly format your blog posts and what to include. If you’re not a naturally talented writer, this can be a huge obstacle.
Small Business Content Marketing Tips
While you might have an idea of what topics to cover, you’re probably wondering where to start. Worse yet, is the chore of doing it all right, which makes the whole enterprise overwhelming. If you want to harness the power of content marketing for your small business, use these helpful tips:
- Find and use long tail keywords. You’ve probably heard or know about keywords and might have encountered the phrase, “long tail keywords.” These are key phrases consisting of three or more words specific to a situation. For instance, “improve indoor air quality” and “pre-listing inspection benefits.” You can find long tail keywords by searching a phrase and then looking at the “Searches related to,” tool located at the bottom of the Google search results page.
- Write about specific situations. Once you have long tail keywords, you need to incorporate these into your blog posts. These should appear in your title and in the body. Write about specific scenarios for the best results, for example, “How to Refinish a Wood Stained Deck” and “Do You Have to Wear a Seat Belt while Riding in an Uber Car?”.
- Publish content on a consistent basis. You should write and publish content on a regular basis. This is absolutely necessary for search engine optimization, but also, has the benefit of increasing site visits and customer leads. Publishing content consistently puts your brand front-and-center of a growing audience who become customers because of the trust formed.
- Share new content and reshare previous content on social media. When you publish new content, be sure to share it on social media, and, not just one time. It’s perfectly acceptable to share content more than once because it will be seen by different consumers. It also provides your brand with more exposure.
- Always include links to similar content addressing related topics on your site. Be sure to include links to related content published on your site. In addition, if you create content that’s published elsewhere, such as a trade organization’s site, link to it. Always interlink blog posts and include at least one outbound link to a credible source.
In addition to these steps, you should always check spelling and grammar before publishing content.
Thanks for taking a few moments of your time to read this; if you like this post, please share it with your friends!
|To generate more business online, companies need to regularly publish new, useful content.
Blogging is the single most cost-effective way to attract new customers
as consumers search for information about products and services.
→ Get holistic, original content now! ←