SEO blogging is one of the most effective ways to increase traffic to your site.
It’s not that difficult, but it is time-consuming and does require a bit of continuing education. Because search engines regularly change their algorithmic signals, you have to stay on top of the game.
Aside from those aspects, blogging for SEO purposes is a great way to get your site more traffic. And with increased visits comes more leads and of course, conversions. You ought to be aware that while SEO and blogging go hand-in-hand, there’s more to obtaining a higher organic rank than publishing new content; though that is a very big piece of the overall strategy.
SEO Blogging in Plain English
I have a friend whose considered a leading expert in his field. Some years ago, he put up a website chock full of information. And because it contained a large amount of content, along with original images, it got on page one of Google in short order. That lasted for several years, until the beginning of this year.
These days, all it takes is a slight portion of unnatural-looking links headed your way in a short period of time to put you on the penalty box with Google. Google may not remove your site from its index entirely, but it may apply such a heavy penalty that you won’t really know the difference. —Search Engine Journal
The site, previously seen at the very top of the SERP (Search Engine Results Page), has dropped to the second page and is slowly losing ground. The reason for the change in location is because he’s not added anything new. Some images here and there, a change in some of the wording, but nothing that’s substantial.
He phoned me asking for advice about recapturing that lofty status in the organic rankings. And I told him what I’m writing about here, that blogging and SEO are two peas in a pod. In other words, if you engage in SEO blogging, you only stand to gain and not lose.
Blogging: the Best SEO Tool
To get the most from your site’s content, follow these simple SEO blogging tips and over time, as your site gains more authority within its industry, it will reap big rewards:
- Write and publish on a regular basis. That doesn’t mean every single day. It means published at most on a weekly basis and at least twice per month. The search engines love seeing new content but not being inundated. Too much will set off red flags if you’re a small business. If you’re a news organization, then it’s not only okay, it’s expected.
- Check-in from time to time on this site. This is one of the best places to find the most up-to-date and useful blogging SEO secrets and tricks on the internet. If you follow the points given here, you’ll find that over time your site will begin to improve in its performance and become a reliable resource.
- Include SEO elements in your writing.. If you read this article about using semantic SEO, you’ll have the recipe for producing content that search engines most like.
- Introduce a new idea or take a different direction. In most industry’s there’s nothing new under the sun. But that doesn’t mean there’s no way to reframe a topic of discussion.
- Remember to write for two separate audiences. When you write, alternate on and off. In one post, write for laypeople, in another, write for people in-the-know (but never go hyper-technical).
And hey, if you don’t have the time, the talent for writing or aren’t too familiar with SEO blogging, give us a shout. We can create compelling content that’s optimized and helps to generate traffic.