The Facebook Messenger AI ‘Ml’ digital assistant now offers users suggested features, based on their conversations in a group or one-on-one…
Powered by artificial intelligence, the Facebook Messenger ‘M’ is now providing suggestions based on users’ conversations in the United States. The company states, “M offers suggestions by popping into an open conversation to suggest relevant content and capabilities to enrich the way people communicate and get things done.”
Facebook Messenger AI “M” Provides Suggestions in Conversations
Facebook announced M more than a year ago, when it began as a small experiment in AI technology. It’s ultimate goal, to fulfill any type of request. During the testing period, the company states it learned much from monitored interactions. This experience allows the social giant to build a total automated iteration. In the past few months, it’s enjoyed a lot of success with a small percentage of users. Now, the company is rolling it out to all users in the U.S.
Here are the features, quoted directly from Facebook:
- Sending stickers: M shares fun sticker suggestions for your daily life interactions like “Thank you” or “Bye-bye.”
- Paying or requesting money: M recognizes when people are discussing payments and gives them the option of easily sending or requesting money.
- Sharing your location: M can suggest an option to share your location during a conversation.
- Making plans: If people are talking about getting together, M helps coordinating a plan.
- Starting a poll (in group conversations only): Have a hard time making decisions in a group? M lets you set a poll topic and vote in group conversations.
- Getting a Ride: Talking about going somewhere? M suggests “Get A Ride” and shares an option of Lyft or Uber.
M launched to all iOS and Android devices in the United States and eventually, will debut in other countries. Facebook Workplace Standard just launched as freeware to entice more businesses to join.
Thanks for taking a few moments of your time to read this; if you like this information, please share it with your friends!