Social media traffic has its peak times and that’s when you should be active. If you post a link, image, an update, or announcement, there are times during the day that user activity is at its optimum, when the most people will see it. Of course, these times are when you want to be using it to help increase brand awareness.
Know the Highest Social Media Traffic Times
There are highly active times, and, low or flat traffic times. Each social platform has its own peaks and valleys. It would be nice if those times coincided, but unfortunately, that’s not the case. Here’s when social media traffic is most active on the five top sites and you should be using it for building trust and marketing:
- Facebook: Post between 1pm and 4pm for best results. Don’t bother posting between 8pm and 8am, because that site’s social media traffic is all but empty. If you want to reach the most people, post on Wednesday at 3pm, but anytime after 9am is alright, because traffic is building. Traffic wanes after 4pm and weekends aren’t a good time for small business marketing.
- Twitter: Tweet between 1pm and 3pm, and don’t waste your time between 8pm and 9am. Social media traffic builds on Twitter beginning at 11am and fades after 3pm. It’s best Monday through Thursday, but falls significantly after 3pm on Friday.
- LinkedIn: This is a business centric site, so post between 7am and 9am or between 5pm and 6pm. There’s no audience between 10pm and 6am, and traffic is really low between 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 5pm. Post Tuesday through Thursday and not on Monday or Friday.
- Google Plus: Social media traffic on Google Plus is highest 9am to 11am and lowest between 6pm and 8pm. Working hours see significant activity, with traffic building beginning at 9am but falls off after 5pm and evenings don’t see much activity.
- Pinterest: Pin between 2pm and 4pm or between 8pm and 1am and avoid pinning from 5pm to 7pm. Traffic begins building at noon, then fades starting at 5pm. Optimum audience participation is on Saturday morning, but, late afternoons are a bad time.
What You Should be Posting on Social Media
It’s not only about posting when social media traffic is high, it’s what you post. Think of social media posts as your elevator pitch and your site as a full-out marketing presentation. Your blog will do much to educate visitors about your brand, so, keep it updated with fresh content consistently. Click here for more tips about using social media effectively for your business.
Thanks for taking a few moments of your time to read this; if you like this post, please share it with your friends!
|To generate more business online, companies need to regularly publish new, useful content.
Blogging is the single most cost-effective way to attract new customers
as consumers search for information about products and services.
→ Get holistic, original content now! ←