Google+ benefits are essentially concealed by the fact that it’s a social media platform. But since it continues to develop, there’s an array of new advantages coming from the site. And that’s good news for a post-Panda, post-Penguin internet.
What’s more, the web’s largest search engine continues to integrate its products, making it more valuable to be visibly active on its various platforms. And, it’s designed to further the ultimate goal of getting people the most relevant, informative content indexed by Big G. That’s why there’s a treasure trove of Google+ benefits.
Key Google+ Benefits
What’s happening at a rapid rate is Google Plus is becoming a fast growing force in the world of social media. And with its own algorithmic signals being changed to increase the value of social shares while decreasing the value of link building, it’s little wonder why there are Google+ benefits to be had.
Google+ is now the second largest social network in terms of active users and YouTube, included for the first time in its index is now third. The report estimates Facebook‘s active users in December 2012 at 693 million, compared to 343 million for Google+. —Forbes.com
With the social microblog site growing at such a fast clip, there’s been a lot of examination by SEO teams across the globe to figure out what’s in it for their clients. And that’s uncovered a few Google+ benefits that are unique to the platform. The good news is, without much effort, your business can take advantage of these tips and tricks to make your website perform better in organic search.
Using Google Plus to Your Advantage
As you might imagine, content is still king, but there’s more ways to get results than just by incorporating semantics into your site. You’ve got to use the social site as it’s intended to get those Google+ benefits to work for your company or brand. Here’s a short run down of how you can do just that:
- Get involved with the social network. You’ve obviously got to be a part of the site to start. Be sure to fill out your profile, using your best keywords throughout. One of many Google+ benefits is the way the site promotes your company or brand when you include key phrases.
- Do a little bit of giving to get more. If you put in a little effort, you can see some big returns. Engage in some digital sharecropping and publish some unique content in your posts. It serves a specific purpose, which is SEO blogging and that too will help you become a lot more visible.
- Be a productive community member. There’s a ton of groups on the site, so choose the ones which are the best fit and contribute to the conversation. After all, there’s no sense in signing up for a community, then not being a part of it. Don’t just promote yourself, help others.
- Keep on top of new developments. One of the great things about social media is being in the know. And when it’s you that’s bringing new insight into the conversation, it’s you who will benefit most.
- Update your site regularly with fresh content. There’s no getting around this task. So make sure to keep your site in a fluid state, publishing new copy once a week to twice a month. You might not get the benefit of QDF signals, but your traffic will definitely increase.
That’s it in a nutshell. If you take the plunge and have trouble keeping up with producing content, then contact us. We can write it for you and take a little of the burden off your shoulders.