Once the best blogging sites have been identified, then comes the arduous task of actually setting up a blog.What is blogging quickly turns into a technical challenge. New users will be bombarded with unfamiliar languages and terms like HTML, CSS, jQuery, CNAME, MX Records, DNS settings and so on. These bring new meaning to the question what is blogging because even the best blogging sites can be a maze of impenetrable jargon.
What is Blogging and Why is It a Business Marketing Tool?
The simplest answer to what is blogging can be explained by the ever-growing popularity of the best blogging sites. Business owners and individuals understand the power of the Internet. Blogging has become a very effective business marketing tool because it’s cost feasible and has such wide broadcast abilities. Companies use blogging as a business marketing tool to stay relevant in their field. It is a simple yet sophisticated way to attract new customers. The real challenge is to identify the best blogging sites and harness their power.
The Best Blogging Sites
The best blogging sites are WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr and Live Journal. Each can be used as abusiness marketing tool and their proprietary online blogging software makes them easy to use from anywhere an Internet connection exists. But to make a blog an even more powerful business marketing tool, users must integrate their blog with their existing website or register a blog and customize it.
For those more daring, a self-hosted site is worth its weight in gold. While there are many free platforms, the user does not own the actual property. Again, what is blogging becomes more of a technical issue. For blog customization, one must understand basic coding and search engine optimization. But there are some “short cuts” to make blog customization a bit easier.
- Plugins: these mini software packages “plug in” to a blog’s control panel and perform certain functions ranging from spam filtering to search engine optimization.
- Community Forums: these are a great resource to learn the ins and outs of the best blogging sites. Users ask and answer questions, give examples and share ideas.
- Technical Support: the majority of blogging platforms have a technical support team which can help users with various problems.
- Third Party Resources: outside the blogging platforms is an entire cottage industry of businesses and individuals which develop tools to help users with blog customization.
- Social Media: chances are someone somewhere has encountered the same obstacles. Social media can also be a great resource for finding answers.
Of course, there will be a fair amount of trial and error for new users. For those completely stumped aboutblog configuration, there is always professional installation services available.