Only 5 percent of all customer visitors result in action through Google My Business, a study of 45,000 local listings reveals…
A new study conducted by BrightLocal reveals some astounding facts about Google My Business listings.
5 Percent of Google My Business Listing Views Result in Visitor Action
The company studied 45,000 local listings over 36 different industries, across 4 countries.
BrightLocal looked at profile views, searches, actions, images, calls, and overall growth.
Here are the key findings from the BrightLocal study, quoted directly from the company’s website:
- The Google My Business Insights Study explores 45,000 anonymous listings across 36 industries to help local businesses benchmark their Insights against the wider industry.
- The average business is found in 1,009 searches per month, with 84% of these coming from discovery searches.
- 49% of businesses receive more than 1,000 Views on Search per month.
- Car dealerships receive the highest number of calls and website visits from GMB, while hotels have the highest views on Search and Maps.
- 5% of Google My Business listing views result in a website click, call, or direction request.
- Local businesses have a median of 11 photos on Google My Business.
- Between Q4 2017 and Q4 2018, direct searches grew by 38%, while website clicks from GMB listings grew 29%.