Business owners and managers can now edit Google My Business listings right from the search results page, without going through the main portal…
Search giant Google states over 80 percent of searches are about local information. Also, businesses with a complete listing on Google My Business are, “twice as likely to gain customer trust, 38 percent more likely to attract in-store visits, and 29 percent more likely to see a purchase.” Back in July, the search engine began testing a new way to edit business listings. Now, it’s available to all.
Edit Google My Business Listings Directly Inside Search
To edit a Google My Business listing, simply search the name. A new menu appears right at the top of the SERP or search engine results page. The menu includes “Edit info,” “Add photo,” “Post,” and “Reviews” buttons. Simply access one to get started. Below is a GIF of the editing tool in action:
Here’s a rundown of what businesses can do, quoted directly from Google:
- Add or correct business information, post updated hours, and more.
- Post on Google and stay engaged with your customers.
- Share photos that make your business stand out.
- See how many views your listing gets, and easily access detailed information about your listing’s performance.
- Know when users upload photos of your business.
- Quickly take the most important actions to complete and enhance your business listing.
The edit Google My Business listing option is now available on desktop, as well as mobile. It’s clear Google wants more business involvement with their listings. This new feature will make it simpler to make changes when the holidays come around.
Google just introduced Google My Business quick URLs in August.