A new Facebook Marketplace home services section begins to roll out to users in the United States, where people can find local professionals…
Sometimes (or often), DIY projects quickly turn into nightmare scenarios. What starts as a small change becomes a big problem. But that’s okay, because Facebook now has the solution. The social network announced it’s partnered with trusted names such as Handy, HomeAdvisor, and Porch to introduce a new home services section in Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace Home Services Rolls Out
This isn’t just a simple whim to take market share away from Craigslist, it’s a legitimate need. “More people ask for recommendations related to home services on Facebook in the US than any other topic,” Deb Liu, vice president of Marketplace explains.
Home services is the latest addition, following home rental listings and car buying. Facebook Marketplace debuted in October 2016. Since that time, it’s incrementally expanded its offerings. In August 2017, it opened the platform to actual retailers.
Now, it foraying into home services, complete with quick estimate quotes from multiple providers, and Messenger chats. Here’s what Facebook writes about its new home services:
- Provide an all-in-one place to complete your next home project — from proposal to completion
- Offer hundreds of thousands of top-rated professionals across the US
- Simplify your decision by showing you professionals’ ratings, reviews, credentials and location
- Make it easy to get a quote: simply describe the project you need help with and send your request to multiple professionals at once
- Easily communicate in real-time with your service professional via Messenger
The new Facebook Marketplace home services section starts rolling out today across the U.S. over the coming weeks. Presently, there’s no word on when it will become available globally.